Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

summer learning journey practice 2.

For Summer Learning Journey practice me and Dylan have been reading about countries we chose England.

England is an island. It is part of the United kingdom.
England borders Scotland in north and wales to the west.

 there are  53.1 million people in England.

(Main Cities) London (capital), Liverpool Birmingham, Norwich


Climate. Mild or temperate climate. In winter the temperature range from 0 - 10 degrees Celsius. In summer the average temperature is between 17 and 20 degrees Celsius.

Public Holidays. there are 9 Public holidays in England. they call them 'Bank holidays.' They do not celebrate a national birthday in England.

Languages. there is one official Language in England - English.

Ethnic Mix.  White, Asian, Black, Mixed, Arab, Other,

Money (Currency.) Pound sterling [GBP].

National Sports. Cricket, Rugby union, Rugby league, netball, soccer, hockey,.

National Icons. 1. The Barbary Lion, 2. The rose, 3. The oask tree, 4. The Queen. 5. The cup of tea.
               



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post